November is a beautiful time in the southeast with those clear crisp Robin egg blue skies to the gradual tree true color parade. Fall spans from early October to late November with the right destinations in North Carolina.
Early fall head to the mountains of North Carolina on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the high elevations of 6,000 feet. Read more Be sure to take a jacket as you climb in elevation it is as if you drove to Maine in afternoon. Check the conditions at Mount Mitchell at an elevation of 6,684 feet the current temperature is 23˚F (-5˚ C) a with the wind of 23 mph. that brings it to a bone chilling 12˚F (-11˚ C) this early November morning. Mountain Color Map
See colors in the Piedmont region of North Carolina peaking just before Halloween but still glorious into mid November. See Lake Norman live with the Queens Landing webcam. This must see attraction is located next to McCrary Creek Access area a public boat ramp on the shores of Lake Norman.
Make sure to enjoy some of the beautiful leaves of fall in the great out doors or with our virtual nature bathing products. Scroll down to find some ways to get your nature bathing on in the great outdoors.
The site below have been used many, many times to get my nature bathing on.
- Catawba Thread Trails – a North Carolina treasure of hikes
- Explore.org – Live NATURE & more now watch the fish in the Atlantic or Bears in Katmai National park. This amazing site has it all.
- North Carolina State Parks – many are free with great amenities, some charge a small fee to support the park
- DISCOVER the FORESTs – a map to find a forest for your activity in any United States area.
- NC Travel WebCams
- South Carolina State Parks – take some cash as most have a small fee to support the park.
- Georgia State Parks most all charge a fee and are gated but have great accommodations & facilities
- Florida State Parks – fantastic way to camp near beaches and see wildlife
- Military Campgrounds